Tuesday 4 March 2014

Daisy's Birthday

So the 28th of January was Daisy's birthday. In true boarding school style I ran into her room at midnight, jumped on her bed and practically threw her present into her lap (I was rather excitable that evening, as you might be able to tell). I simply cannot understand how someone as arty as Daisy was able to go so long without doing any art, and so I had decided to rectify the situation by buying her a canvas and some oil pastels.



Daisy once told me that she wanted a pet frog. Due to some slight complications (for example...we're in Namibia) I wasn't quite able to get her one. But I've given her a verbal IOU for her 21st birthday - could be interesting! So instead I managed to find her a card with a frog princess which, to be honest, actually looked pretty creepy in a weird kind of way :)




Unfortunately Daisy spent most of the day curled up in bed :/ but she was at least able to stomach a couple of mouthfuls of birthday cake :) Sachi's temporarily given away her cookbook so I had to attempt a new recipe. It actually tasted really nice (if I do say so myself) although the recipe created so much mixture that I ended up making two cakes!




Since Daisy didn't want to tell the teachers that it was her birthday, and there wasn't really an opportunity to give them any cake (since she was asleep all day) we were left with a hell of a lot of cake, even after Ruben and Anne had come over (we were all very excited by a sudden storm that appeared out of nowhere. Rain, what more could you want for your birthday when you're in the middle of a boiling hot African summer?)



Not that the secondary kids complained of course, as quite a few of them managed to get a slice. inevitably Martin (who is undeniably our favourite learner) stole a massive helping all for himself. He must have literally almost eaten half of one of the cakes all by himself!

2 comments:

  1. A birthday to remember! Pity you're not here to make Cosi's cake on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to owe her one!!

    ReplyDelete