Sunday 9 March 2014

A lonely volunteers adventures in Windhoek

Almost forgotten what rain is in Tses!
So obviously for the first couple of weeks while Daisy was in hospital I was on my own. As I have already said, I managed to entertain myself pretty well and would go to the mall each day to buy some supplies and generally just to waste some time.

On the first day the thing that Daisy most dreaded happening, happened to me. Someone tried to mug me. Unsuccessfully I would like to point out. I had just walked into the mall and I felt a strange kind of pressure on my rucksack. Turning around I saw a man had opened the front pocket and was reaching in to try and steal my purse! But I manage to scare him away by screaming F*** OFF right in his face, much to the amusement of the woman standing next to me. I am pleased to say that I freaked the bloke out so much than he actually legged it!



The isle of forgotten chocolate Santa's - one of the most depressing
things that I have ever seen!
I did find some new clothes during my adventures - which turned out to be pretty essential actually as I had only brought one weeks worth of clothes and since we stayed in Windhoek for almost a month without a way to wash them this turned out to be quite a problem. I also bought some new DVDs as it was raining every single night and this inevitably knocked out the tv. And whilst I am very good at entertaining myself, I do need a little bit of help now and then!


No comments:

Post a Comment