Sunday 6 April 2014

Poor murdered lizard!

The wildlife in Tses has certainly been interesting lately!  The rain seems to have brought out the creepy crawlies - we now have at least 3 crickets in our house at all time!
We also had this little guy running around our house. As you can imagine I got the absolute shock of my life when I stepped into my shower and came face to face with him! Sachi and I did our girly attempt to get rid of him - trying to get him into a pot and release him into the wild. But he simply would NOT move off the wall, and neither of us wanted to hurt him by forcing him into the pot.

So instead we asked two of the senior boys (who both just happen to be called Paul) to come and get rid of him. They took one look, grabbed our broom, and bashed the poor little guys head in with the broom handle, while Sachi and I watched (and screamed) in horror.






Their excuse was 'Miss if it bites you, you must go the clinic' (the medical clinic).  Maybe they were right, but I still found it shocking how two perfectly lovely boys who I regularly chat to, could suddenly become so violent, and laugh about it in the process. I suppose i'll just never really get used to the violence of my kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment