Wednesday 9 April 2014

Plasic bag bracelets


Sometimes my kids just confuse me. In Arts lessons they can show a complete lack of imagination and creativity. Their drawings consist simply of things that they know and can see, such as the Namibian Flag or copying a picture from one of their exercise books. Asking them to complete a creative writing exercise is simply a nightmare, and even copying down a simple drawing from the board can be confusing for them.




Yet in other areas they show incredible creativity. For example, give them a pile of plastic bags and they can create these amazing plastic bracelets. They rip the bags up into strips with their teeth (something that my Mother would certainly disapprove of!) Hold the strips steady in their mouth and braid them together.





Every time I've gone to Keetmans I have been trying to find brightly coloured plastic bags for them. I was truly amazed the first time I saw how excited they were the first time I gave them a pile of unwanted plastic bags.







The girls have been making bracelets for me, which I have been shipping back to England. I have explained to them that I am going to sell them to raise money for choir t-shirts. Their (adorable) response was 'Miss, you must give us hundreds of bags!'




No comments:

Post a Comment