Sunday 6 April 2014

Nama jewellery


Examples of pattern and colour
One of the security guards at the secondary hostel makes incredible beaded bracelet. Some are bracelets, others are necklaces, and she even makes incredible brooches on safety pins (as you can see below).









Her jewellery is all different, and comes in a range of patterns, colours and sizes. All year I've been trying to think of ways that I could help fundraise to buy supplies for the schools. For example, I'd like to try to help the secondary school choir in their fundraising for matching shirts.





But I also wanted to try to do something that would include the community that I'm trying to help. And so I have come up with a plan! The security guard has agreed to sell me all of her jewellery, which I am bringing home to England. When I leave Sachi is going to ship the jewellery to me, and then I will be asking the next volunteers in Tses to also do the same.





I am then going to sell the jewellery in England. 100% of the profit is going to go towards whatever I am fundraising for at the time. As I have already said, I am currently trying to help the choir buy matching t-shirts. I would then like to try to fundraise for some hurdles for the athletics team to practice with. The kids here are such incredible runners, and the only reason they cannot do hurdles is because the school cannot afford to buy any!



So here are some examples of the bracelets that the security guard makes. For obvious reasons, the bracelets which say 'Hebe' or 'Sachi' are not for sale :P but I thought they were a good example of how she is able to personalise them.











 
This bracelet is for sale!
There are also photos of the flags which the security guard is able to create, for example a Namibian flag, an American and a Union Jack. I thought this was also a good example of how, if she is shown a picture, the security guard is able to create almost anything!






So, if you would like to help with my fundraising efforts, or if you simply think that these bracelets are pretty, please get in contact. You can either leave a message here on my blog, or can email me at hebe.barlow@hotmail.co.uk









This is quite long, probably more
suitable as a necklace for a child
All beaded bracelets are £2.50 If you would like a particular pattern, colour, flag, name etc. just let me know, and I will ask the security guard if it is possible. The broaches are £1 Again she can do almost anything you can dream of! Of course, I do need to point out that if you order a bracelet, they can vary in size etc! Thankyou to anyone who helps :)





2 comments:

  1. We are planning a fund raising event for you at school
    The houses all raise money for a charity and hopefully Vindictive will be doing theirs for Novak
    Hopefully the jewellery will arrive before then and it can also be sold on the day
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fantastic! When are they doing the fundraising event? Have they decided what they're doing for their fundraising event? x

    ReplyDelete