Monday 9 June 2014

Goodbye Namibia, hello England!!!















And so it was time for me to return home to England. As I tried to explain to Cosi later, it was possibly one of the most bizarre moments of my life. All through my year, through the tough moments and the homesick days, it was the thought of home that got me through it. Dreaming of the day I would come home, the moment I would run through the airport and parents. And finally...it was really happening.



Somehow I managed to get myself home without any complications. I went to the correct terminals, got on the correct planes, and finally I was home! The moment I finally got to see my family, and got my first hug, was possibly one of the most amazing moments of my life. And of course, they brought me an absolutely massive bar of galaxy chocolate :D


I was meant to arrive at 7:30 am, but unfortunately due to the fog that day flights were slightly delayed, so I only managed to get through at 8:30. And there was my family, impatiently waiting for me :) I was told later that Poppa had tried to say that they should get there for just after 7:30, as there was no way I would be out exactly on time. He was shouted down however, as Mummy and Cosi insisted they had to be there for 7 just in case!

I was also told that Mummy had thought that she had seen me and got very excited. Unfortunately, it just turned out that it was a random mans arm....my family being lunatics once again!

No comments:

Post a Comment