Tuesday 15 October 2013

The madness continues...

So the madness has continued in Tses as Daisy and I try to find new ways to entertain ourselves. It was our hosts birthday last week so I made a chocolate cake covered in multi-coloured sprinkles - I have to admit that it looked pretty good! Unfortunately I have no idea how it tasted as we weren't given a slice. In hindsight I think we should have just kept it for ourselves.













We also had one evening where we quite simply had a mad five minutes (as my mother refers to it) We collected every plastic bottle we could find in the house - we actually have quite a lot it turns out, filled them with water and put them in the freezer so that we now have a never ending supply of cold water.















We've also been spending quite a lot of time outside on our 'porch'. The front of our house is in the sun all day but in the afternoons and evenings its in the shade. So we go outside and sit on cushions, chatting with the secondary learners, eating our dinner, marking, and if you're me, having an afternoon day-dream / napping session.





It really is a lovely place to sit. The sun warms the stone throughout the day and so sometimes I feel strangely cat like, sprawled out on the stone! We get to watch the sun go down and sometimes we watch entertaining sights such as a drunk man attempting to ride a horse and repeatedly falling off!






The kids fascination with our hair also continues. For once Daisy allowed the girls to play with her hair and they did a cute little braid down the back of her head. Unfortunately Daisy didn't understand my Game of Thrones reference when said it looked like Khaleesi's hair - I shall have to sort that out!!!
 





1 comment:

  1. cake l0oks good Hebes - why didn't you make one for me before you left?

    xx

    ReplyDelete